I. Fence Project Signage Requirements by NYC DOB (departments of buildings).Project sites with construction fences or sidewalk sheds permitted on or after July 1, 2013 must meet new signage requirements that emphasize the type of work underway and highlight the project’s contact information.
Any new building, demolition, excavation and alteration project sites with a construction fence, must post a project information panel. Required project information panels shall be in place throughout the duration that the fence remains at the site.
Project information panels shall contain the following information:
- A rendering, elevation drawing, or zoning diagram of the building exterior that does not contain logos or commercially recognizable symbols.
- A title line stating “Work in Progress:” and specifying the intended type(s) of zoning use(s) (e.g. Residential, Commercial, Manufacturing, Retail, Office, Hospital, School);
- Project Completion Date – estimated if necessary.
- The corporate name, address, and telephone number of the owner of the Property.
- Website address or phone number to contact for project information.
- The corporate name and telephone number of the general contractor, or for a demolition site, the demolition contractor.
- The statement, in both English and Spanish, “TO ANONYMOUSLY REPORT UNSAFE CONDITIONS AT THIS WORK SITE, CALL 311.”
A project information panel shall be posted on the fence on each perimeter fronting a public thoroughfare. Where such perimeter is more than 150 feet in length, a project information panel shall be posted at each corner. Such panels shall be posted on the fence at a height of 4 feet (1219 mm) above the ground,
with such distance measured from the ground to the bottom edge of the panel. Project information panels shall be constructed out of a durable and weatherproof material. Project information panels shall be 6 feet (1829 mm) wide and 4 feet (1219 mm) high.
II. Demolition Signage Requirements by NYC DOB (departments of buildings).The demolition sites, the design of the project information panel, must be created in accordance with the following layout ( Click here to see the layout)
Changes Specific to Partial Demolition Jobs:
1) Contractors must notify the Department within 24 to 48 hours prior to beginning any demolition work. To notify, callers need to call 212-227-4416 and provide the associated job number.
2) If using non hand-held interior mechanical demolition equipment, contractors must also notify adjoining owners at least 10 days prior to beginning work. Proof of notification must be submitted to the Department prior to obtaining a permit.